FIRPTA Information for Your US Property Sale

Filing for FIRPTA Tax Returns

Maximize Your REFUND$

Selling real property in the US as a non-US individual? Brace yourself for FIRPTA – the Foreign Investment In Real Property Tax Act. 

What is FIRPTA?

FIRPTA requires buyers to withhold 15% of the property’s sales price for taxes, even if you, the seller, may not owe any taxes. The good news? You can reclaim this amount by filing a US tax return.

How Can You Get Started?

Considering a real property sale? Connect with us early to navigate FIRPTA and potentially avoid withholding. Submit your information through our secure form below.

Your property sale journey just got simpler with CrichtonMullings & Associates – your trusted FIRPTA partner.


The professionals at CrichtonMullings & Associates will be able to assist you with the following:

  • Filing for FIRPTA Tax Returns
  • Obtaining FIRPTA Refunds
  • Obtaining IRS Withholding Certificates to avoid or reduce FIRPTA withholding
  • Obtaining ITIN’s to facilitate FIRPTA transactions
  • Preparation of Form 8288
  • Advice on FIRPTA Closings


Please provide the following information so that we can better understand your situation and tailor our services to meet your requirements.

firpta form

Make a Payment